Wednesday 2 June 2010

Automated Ads Review - First Impressions

Automated Ads Review - First Impressions

Well, I must say, this is a neat little program. Jeff Dedrick has done it again (he has some great ideas)!

See that bar above with 4 mini banners? That's what Automated Ads does. Can do square ones to go on the side too. And not just for Blogger Blogs, they work in WordPress as well and there's even a plugin for that.


So, here's my quick review. (As it has only just been released I haven't made any money yet.)

  • You need to register with ClickBank to get these to work for you - there's a link when you first login to the program if you are not already a member.
  • It was very easy to set up, but I had to go through the short videos which explain exactly how to add them to my sites - Blogger one had me fooled until I'd watched them.
  • It looks as if there are buttons to select and copy the code, but using those didn't work - had to swipe the code and copy it from the box instead.
  • So far I have only used the quick start campaigns. The 4-banner above is one option and the square one top right of the sidebar is another. I think they look very good. If you want to change the category you just have to set up another ad and replace the code.
  • Not that many categories in the quickstart, but you can create a custom campaign (watch the video first!) and you can check the ClickBank site to help you decide.
  • In WordPress only, there's an option to automatically have a banner at the bottom of every post.
  • Banners refresh when page reloads as long as there are more than 4 in that category.
  • Need to experiment with different banner sizes to see what works best (see example below).
  • Able to exclude any you don't like via the 'edit' option.
  • Cost - a bit expensive on the monthly upgrade at the moment - so I'm using the free version first and will upgrade once I see some money coming in, but only if I see a need to do so. Not much point if I'm not going to add banners of my own. There is a special 14 day trial offer - but I may forget to check if I need to cancel it, so I'm not going for that yet.
Yes, I think this is a neat little program to add to your web pages and blogs. As it's free too, then it's a no-brainer.

Enjoy

Here's another example from the health and fitness category, it's a bit wide for this particular blog, but refresh this page and you get the idea:

No comments: