Saturday 5 June 2010

TE Command Post Review - First Impressions

TE Command Post Review - First Impressions

Clever system, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I may have only done a few reviews recently, but I really do believe you want to know how I feel about products, not just give a sales pitch in the hope you will go and buy through my link. TE Command Post is a case in point.

Yes, it's a clever system, but it has its limitations and although I have upgraded to the Silver level, I'm not sure at this stage if I will keep that going. So let's see if I can put what I think into a nutshell.

First off, I'm a serious user of the traffic exchanges. I use them to promote several opportunities and they work very well for me in that I am starting to make money from my efforts. I am quite well organised though, and have come to know which sites use up my credits fast and which are slower. (If you would like to know more about the whole traffic exchange process, then please visit my other blog AcmeWeblog.

I have had masses of emails about TE Command Post - and I mean masses. Everyone and their aunts are promoting it. But that happens with new programs, and I admit to being a sucker to check most of them out. It did mean, however, that I could carefully choose just who I signed up under, which was good.

Nuts and bolts

TECP was easy enough to set up, instructions are very clear, and apart from a couple of very minor niggles I had 18 of the traffic exchanges I wanted to monitor set up fairly quickly. But then I do have software on my PC which lets me find login details and referral IDs very quickly.

Advance warning...
Make sure you have your traffic exchange login details, (username and password) as well as referral ID (which may or may not be different from your username) to hand as you will need them. I have a spreadsheet with most of them and use LastPass to autofill logins, which was why all this was simple for me.

What TECP aims to do is give you an up-to-date summary of your credits in the TE's you decide to monitor through it. I decided not to monitor those TEs I use where the credits last a long time. I usually only need to surf them once a week and it's easy and fast enough to build up a new stock. So HitsBoosterPro and High-Hits are not on my list in TECP.

But those sites where the credits disappear very quickly are! Here's a snapshot of some of them:



I can click on the green circle and it expands the data to show me which of my urls have credits assigned and which have run out. There are also menus to see the same for banners and text ads. From these pages I can go straight through and login to the TE to sort things out if I want to. Straightaway I can see that there are 3 sites where I have a lot of credits to assign, so that's quite useful.

There is an option to set Traffic Alerts - this comes through as an email message which summarises all of the above information and which you can set to alert you depending at user-defined credit and impression levels. This actually really bugs me! They have a very annoying phraseology for this, so I turned it off!

URLs have breached minimum settings
3 banners have breached minimum impression settings
3 textlinks have breached minimum impression settings

What else?

There's the usual downline building thingy and affiliate programme and...

...you have to upgrade to get more.

The extras include having some banner and text ads which show to other members. A free member can't have these.

Here's a summary of the upgrade options:


Membership Free Silver Gold
Price Free $9.97 monthly $19.97
monthly
Max TEs 10 20 50
Max credits/urls displayed all credits/urls all credits/urls all credits/urls
Max banners displayed totals only all banners all banners
Textlinks - totals only totals only all textlinks all textlinks
Number of jumplink/
Downline Builder levels
1 3 6
% commissions 10% 25% 50%
Max banner ads none 2 5
Max text ads none 2 5
tecp alerts No Yes Yes


I would like to have seen more of a control panel so that I could group sites together and go directly to surf them, have the stats monitored so I can check how many I have done in a session and link it all to a fast browser (oops, TEBrowser does most of that - CLICK  HERE to take a look).

I'm sure they will react to feedback and we may see these additions in the future.

Bottom line - is it worth it?

$9.97 a month to monitor 20 sites? - I don't think so.

$19.97 a month to monitor 50 sites and have a few more banners displayed to members - still not enough sites for my purposes, so still not worth it.

My verdict
I have a few weeks of my silver upgrade left to run, so I have time to look around a bit more, but right now, I very much doubt I will renew my upgrade. $9.97 can buy lots of credits in some TEs and that would be a far better use of my funds.

Having said that, you owe it to yourself to check it out for yourself as it may suit your needs better than mine.




2 comments:

Kuldeep said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kuldeep said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.